GTK+ Bindings for Io
This page is for my GTK+ bindings for the Io programming language. They are based on an enhancement to Io's DynLib system to allow one to call arbitary C functions exported from a shared library. As such, any GTK+ api can be called directly from Io. The DynLib system will take care of marshalling appropriate arguments to and from a format that GTK+ will understand.
- dynlib-enhancement.diff. A patch to be applied to Io to get enhanced DynLib functions needed to call GTK+.
- gtk.io. The GTK+ bindings in Io that use the enhanced DynLib to provide the entire GTK+ api.
- gtk-hello.io. A GTK+ Hello World program that demonstrates how to use the the bindings in the most Io friendly way.
- messageview.io. My MessageView prototype modified to use a GTK+ TextView and the stock media play icon.
- debug.io. A debugger using the GTK+ MessageView prototype. Now includes an evaluator as well as the step/next/return buttons (see screenshot above).
- browse.io. An object browser using the GTK+ TreeView prototype (see second screenshot above).
Hope this is useful for someone. Let me know if you have any problems.
I'd really appreciate it if you sent me a patch with any additions you make to gtk.io.